“We are looking forward to coming for the ASEAN Regional Forum to Cambodia in July,” Clinton told reporters.
The Obama administration has put a top priority on building relations with ASEAN, believing that the United States can benefit from ties to the economically dynamic and largely US-friendly bloc.
The ASEAN Regional Forum includes powers outside Southeast Asia including the United States and China.
Clinton has said she will also visit Japan on July 8 for a conference on the future of Afghanistan. South Korean media has also reported that she will stop in the country to talk about North Korea and visit the US pavilion at the World Expo in the southeastern city of Yeosu on July 4, US Independence Day.
Source: Channel News Asia
- ASEAN legal, judicial experts to meet in Cambodia for connection building (aseanists.wordpress.com)
- Real Estate to play key role in ASEAN Nations (aseanists.wordpress.com)
- Cambodian FM to visit North Korea – Asean chief (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Cambodia to mediate between 2 Koreas as ASEAN chair: ASEAN sources (english.kyodonews.jp)
- Cambodia promotes ASEAN awareness among university students (khamerlogue.wordpress.com)